Monday, September 24, 2012

Week in review

So, I've recently gone vegetarian!
It hasn't been too hard so far. The most difficult part is going to someone Else's house. Saturday, I went to watch the super anti-climatic Notre Dame and Michigan house. This dude laid the food out. I mean he had everything you could think of as far as food is concerned. ALL of it had meat in it. SMH

At home of course I can control what I take in but when I go someplace else it's a lot more difficult. So what are the changes I've noticed? Nothing too large actually. I feel better, I sweat cleaner (if that makes sense), I'm a lot more aware. Other than that i'm not sure If I've been doing this long enough to see real results.

So I got the chance to watch "The new normal" with my wife last week. It was a scene in the show that made me super uncomfortable. Two of the characters are gay and they are having a baby by way of a surrogate. So they are in a baby store looking at clothes and they decide to kiss. A guy comes up to them and asks them to stop saying " I don't want to have to explain to my daughter why two guys are kissing" The man from the couple retorts " You don't want to explain to your daughter love? We're excited we are having a baby" the man responds "that's disgusting and your going to make that baby super confused".

The reason I brought this up is because I have no idea who's side I would be on. On the one hand I hate bullies. The other had I don't want to explain that to my daughter either at age 6. What to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment